Someone did a nice thing and nominated me for the following awards. Thank you to The Novice Gardener for doing that. Please visit her blog. It is a positive and delicious place.
I am expected to give an acceptance speech. It will be short. It is always a good feeling to have others recognize your efforts no matter what the endeavor. Most people get some forms of acknowledgement in their lives. It comes in many forms. It might be a hug, a kiss, a smile, holding hands, a vow of commitment , promotions, or monetary rewards. The list is long. Some seek recognition and are frustrated when they don’t get it. Some never seek it and are embarrassed when they get it.
In the blog-o-sphere, we write our stories and hope someone likes what we have to say. We take pictures and hope someone thinks they are special. We share our recipes and hope others will find them delicious. We make quilts and hope others will follow our guidance and encouragement to make their own. We try something different each day and hope others will enjoy the variety and wit. We look to the stars and hope readers will appreciate the wonders we see. We share our knowledge about gardening and plants and hope our ideas will sprout new baby plants somewhere else.
Unlike in our face to face lives, here we seldom, if ever, see one another. We can’t make eye contact and see the glimmer of joy or empathy for something we said. We can’t see the subtle movement of a smile that tells us something made them want to laugh. We don’t get to sit over a cup of coffee and shoot the breeze each morning. But, we manage to gather anyway. We know by the likes, the follows, the reblogs, and the return visits that some of the things we have expressed in our blogs are meaningful to others. And that is what we are hoping for.
I accept these awards with pleasure. I also place a few other bloggers in nomination for them. Please visit their blogs. You will find some wonderful things in them. In no particular order…
Very Inspiring Blogger rules
- Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Acknowledge that blogger on your blog and a link back.
- Share 7 random interesting things about yourself.
- Nominate up to 15 bloggers for The Versatile Blogger Award .
- Provide a link to their blogs in your post, and notify them on their blogs.
- Copy and paste the award somewhere on your blog.
Random things about me: 7th of 9 kids, met Pres. Obama, play blues guitar, can find the double-double near Vega, was in the VAB at the cape, worked with Leon Lederman, climbed the Pyramid of the Sun.
Best Moment Award rules
- Winners re-post this completely with their Acceptance Speech.
- This could be written or video recorded.
- Winners have the privilege of awarding the next awardees.
- The re-post should include a NEW set of people/blogs worthy of the award.
- Winners notify them of the great news.