In a recent post by fellow blogger The Belmont Rooster, he described his list of things he dislikes most. Near the top was getting stuck as in mud or snow on his family farm. I commented how it would be interesting to see the rest of his top 10 list. He obliged and posted the rest of his list. Many of his dislikes are coupled with things he is thankful for in order to counteract the negativity. He is a very positive person. Below are my own lists, not in any particular order and certainly not exhaustive. Feel free to add some of your own down in comments.
1. Thorns, especially on locust trees. A finger poke swells and hurts for at least 2 weeks. I do like the shade the trees give the house in summer afternoons.
2. Cancer. We are making progress.
3. Liars. I can’t think of a positive.
4. Colds. There is medicine to help cope.
5. Platelet donation needle in the arm. People are being helped by the donations.
6. When deer eat my flowers. Can’t think of a positive.
7. Ads and commercials. It is a source of income.
8. Wasted food and resources. No positives here.
9. Hypocrites. There is a slim chance they might change.
10. 24/7 news, fake news, social media. I can turn it off and do something else.
1. My family
2. People who help others
3. Good teachers
4. Smiles and Hugs
5. A warm bed
9. Art and creativity
10. Guitar and the blues